So, I'm not Catholic and have never been to confession, but our local radio station does this whole Confession Wednesday thing and I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.
That and the fact that I just had a really funny lunch conversation with one of my good friends.
Be warned, some of you that just know me through the Internet may be stunned. Seriously. I've been told that I "hide" my wild side pretty well, even by people that know me in real life.
Here are my confessions:
- I still know all the words to more than one 2 Live Crew song.
- I have hard core rap and heavy metal on my ipod.
- I tend to be a mean girl when I'm out with my friends. Like immature, making fun of others type of mean girl.
- I still like to shake my booty in the clubs. Not that I can go very often, but when I do I like to get my groove on.
- I like to drink. You guessed it, margaritas. And appletinis. And mojitos. And White Russians. You know, anything with alcohol.
- I once flashed a police officer. (And it wasn't when I was a teenager, more like when I was already the mom of two kids.)
- One night I convinced a group of my drunk mommy friends to go move For Sale signs. From houses that were actually on the market to ones that weren't.
- Sometimes I flirt. With men other than my husband.
- I sometimes spank my kids. Not often (I can't even think of the last time), but when I think it they have done something EXTREMELY wrong or dangerous.
- I've got tattoos. And plan to get more.
- I am already planning on joining the Red Hat Society. Looking forward to it. My chapter will probably be the wild one.
And I care about my family more than anything, but a girl's got to have some fun!
Wow, it is good for the heart to confess. I feel better. Love me or hate me, it's all out on the table.