Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Counting Down

It is officially one month and 12 days until we go to Disneyland! I am SO freakin' excited. You'd think that after going every year or every other year for forever that the excitement wouldn't be as great. But, I swear, every time we go I get super excited. And the kids do too. Even though the rides don't have any surprises anymore. Even though we've seen just about every character there is. It really is a magical place. And "the happiest place on Earth".

Maybe it's because every time we go we have another kid (LOL)! Seeing Disney though their eyes is such a joy. I don't even ride most of the rides. I'm the official babywatcher, picture taker, parade seat holder. I love to see their faces when they come off of the rides. (Except when Robert came off of The Tower Of Terror with the look of terror.) And then they excitedly want to tell me all about it. I just love seeing the happiness and enthusiasm.

And Fantasmic and the fireworks get me every time. I cry like a baby. The whole good vs. evil of Fantasmic. I'm such a sap. And the Believe fireworks. Makes me believe that wishes do come true.

This year we're going to go to Mickey's Halloween Treat. It's a whole costume/trick of treating party at Disneyland. I'm super excited. The villains will all be there. They are usually lacking in character appearances. And the whole park is decorated for Halloween. The Haunted Mansion is redone in a Nightmare Before Christmas (one of our favorites) theme. I seriously cannot wait. I made tickers. We made a paper chain. I talk about it every night at dinner.

It's not one of those things that you build up to and then are let down. I've really never been let down by Disney. (Except maybe on the Disney cruise, but that wasn't their fault it was all those bratty kids!)

And this year we scored with our timeshare. See, that how crazy we are, we have a timeshare down the street from Disneyland so that we don't have to worry about hotel costs. This year we got a two bedroom suite. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a living room and dining room. Woo hoo!

13 comments:

Corey~living and loving said...

ooooo I wish we could come. that sounds like a blast and a half. woo hoo....halloween at Disney. Totally ROCKS!

Mary Ann said...

How exciting! Wish I could go!!

Boricua in Texas said...

Awesome, I hope you guys have a blast. I too would be counting down the days.

Another Mom on the Internet said...

How exciting! That sounds like some much fun. I haven't been to Disney since '98.

Bubblewench said...

Ok, um, I was never a Disney fan, but recent events (CK) have made me rethink that, but NOW, if you keep coming home with KIDS? There is NO WAY IN HELL I'm ever going!

Thanks for the heads up!

I hope you have a great trip! Maybe you'll come home with twins? Triplets? You never know huh?

Lori said...

HA! Actually we keep taking them, hoping that they'll get lost or stuck on a ride and then we'll have FEWER to take home! Actually I'm all nostalgic bc this will be the last time that we have a first timer. I'm terribly sad about that whole thing.

Word of wisdom, don't EVER take a Disney cruise. There are more children than adults on those things. It really is NOT fun, AT ALL!

Laura said...

Awww, how fun! I LOVE Disney, but I've only been there twice in my life. I can't wait to take my kids someday!

Elizabeth F. said...

We love Disney as well. WE went for our first familt trip there this past April. Was not a let down at all. It's like you are in another world. A very magical place where dreams come true! So much fun to watch the kid's faces. I love it when the little ones ask, "IS this real? Is she real?" etc... I can't wait to go back. HAve fun!

Eric said...

Oh, I can't wait to take the boys. We were just saying we want to start planning a trip there for this fall (when it's not so freaking hot or crowded). Anyway, hope you guys have a blast, and hope we can get in gear and plan a trip as well.

BOSSY said...

Bossy thinks Disney is very Mickey Mouse.

Meghan said...

Ummm, like... what's with all the NOT updating?! How else am I going to stalk you?!

Becky C. said...

Its fun cos you get to see the kids' excitment, but frankly for me it truly is the happiest place on earth, and I have gone before without kids and it was a blast.

~Becky

Scribbit said...

We're planning a Disneyworld trip in March and the kids are so excited they can hardly stand it. And eight months is still a long way off.