Friday, June 15, 2007

Babywearing Photo Tag

This one is right up my alley! Whitney is hosting a Babywearing photo tag.


She wants us to share three things:

1) Your favorite babywearing photo (and if there’s a connected story)

2) How you got hooked on babywearing

3) Your favorite way to wear your babe.


I have so many babywearing photos I don't know where to begin.









There's my first Hotsling:













My first Mei Tai (a Doodlebug)
















My very favorite Solstice Hotsling

















Big sister wearing her baby brother.








My very first Kozy (and oh, how it is)!








That very same Kozy on our camping trip.






My green silk ring sling that my friend Shannon made for me.







Robert with his very own ring sling.








Daddy wearing the Ergo. (Don't worry it was just around the cul de sac.)






Big brother passing the babywearing over to his teeny tiny sister.







My awful attempt at wrapping.











My little bean in the MT (camping again).






The newest Hotsling.







My favorite would probably be the one of Xander peeking in on his three day old sister. It was so sweet. Xander LOVED to be worn. I wore him up until I was about 7 months pregnant. He didn't ride in a stroller or shopping cart until then. Some days I'll still hitch him up in the MT! Jocelyn isn't as fond of being worn. She will tolerate it, but for much shorter periods of time. She would much rather get down and dirty with her sister and brothers.


Some of my online friends got me hooked on babywearing. Lisa B was the first one to sport an awesome looking MT. I asked her about it and she referred me to The Babywearer. It was a landslide downhill from there! Babywearing is one of the things that I wish I had known with my older two. It makes life SO much easier. Of course the slings are cute and fun, but they are WONDERFUL! Xander was such a high needs baby, if I didn't have a sling I think I would have gone crazy. I was able to cook, clean, sleep, you name it. It was wonderful. Now with two little ones it is even better. One can ride in the stroller or cart and the other can be worn. I have shared the love with lots of my friends. At first they think I'm some kind of weird hippie type. Once they started using their slings, though, they realized how awesome they are.


My favorite carrier is the ring sling. It's just so versatile and easy to use. My kids like to be on my hip or in front of me. We like the tummy to tummy carry the best for little babes and the hip carry best for bigger one.


BTW- To date we own 3 ring slings, 3 Hotslings, 1 mynestlings sling, 1 Kozy, 1 Babyhawk, I solarveil Kolamo and 1 Ergo.




C'mon and post your babywearing photos ladies! I know that most of the ladies on my blogroll babywear. Share the love!

10 comments:

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Oh goodness! I recognize so many of those carriers and pictures. ;)

What a great tag! I have to do this - even if I have to get up at the blessed crack of dawn in the morning to get it done.

You KNOW I love me some babywearing!!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Yay! you posted way more pics than I did. :) Thanks for stopping by.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Now THAT'S some babywearing!!! Awesome!

Steph

Anonymous said...

holy cow... you've got an entire babywearing wardrobe! Don't worry- even my mom thinks I've turned into some crazy hippie! She says "You have that nice stroller...why do you have to wear him?" Lil' Punk likes to be worn, that's for sure! Thanks for sharing those great pictures! Look for another photo tag soon!

Mary Ann said...

Wow! You sure do have quite the collection. I love all the pictures! I haven't worn
Sam for awhile now. I am so excited about wearing the new baby.

kouredios said...

Hee. I had to do it too, of course! http://kouredios.livejournal.com/23321.html

Scribbit said...

That green silky one is really so classy. I can't imagine having them spit up on it. :)

Drea said...

love them all! :-) what cute babies and carriers.

Elizabeth F. said...

I babywear and have a Xander!!! And he was/is high needs as well. He is 4.5 now and tha's just part of his personality! I would have gone crazy without a sling, as he screamed anytime I put him down. My hubby couldn't even hold him for 9 mos. or so.

Love your blog! And I'm envious of all of those carriers. :-)

Providence Handmade said...

I have SO enjoyed the walk down memory lane looking at all those pics!! I can't believe how big your babies have gotten. So sweet!