Friday, January 11, 2008

How different could they be?

My children, that is. It's so crazy to se how different they all are, even though they've been raised by the same people and they're made from the same DNA.



Case in point:



Robert's birthday was in October. When I asked if he'd like to invite some friends from school to his party he thought that was a good idea. Now, knowing my child, I decided to press it a little further. I reminded him that if his friends came over he'd have to play with them, he couldn't hide in his room.



See, he had a teacher visit about a month before his visit. (They do that here, the teachers come to the home and play games or read books in the home environment.) But, the first ten minutes he spent hiding in his room. And he'd already been in class for months at this time. And the rest of the time he interacted with her but didn't say one word. Not one for the whole hour. That's just the way he is. He's an introvert like his dad. It's not that he's really shy, it's just that he'd rather be around a few close people. He's not into the big crowd.



So, he thought more about his party and decided that he just wanted his family here, cousins, grandparents. So, that's what we had.



Xander's birthday was yesterday. When he woke up I said, "Happy Birthday big boy!"



To which he replied, "It's not my birthday! Where are my friends? Where's the cake?"



See, he is just like his mama. I love to have parties, love to go to parties, love to meet new people, love to mingle. I LOVE to have people over to the house, be it 2 or 200. That's my thing. I'm in my element in those situation. And Xander is the same. He loves to perform. He loves to have people around. He LOVES to make people laugh.



He was bummed to find out that we weren't having his party until NEXT weekend.



But, we did take him to TGI Friday's, where they sang to him, although he said he didn't like it, he was grinning the whole time. And we did let him open the presents from us last night.




10 comments:

CamiKaos said...

what. is. cariboo?

Lori said...

It's another great game made by the Cranium people. It's a treasure hunt that used colors, number, letters and shapes to help kids find balls that eventually lead to treasure. Since opening it last night we've already played a total of 12 times!

Megan@SortaCrunchy said...

Okay, that sounds like WAY too much fun.

Lori - he looks SO OLD!! Wow! Happy birthday, Xander!

I so know what you mean about the differences in these kids. I say it to myself at least once a day - same recipe, different cookies.

info@thebabymarketplace.com said...

My kids love Cariboo!

So true about the differences and it is evident the very first day.

MK

Another Mom on the Internet said...

I can't believe how tall he's getting!!!

Happy Belated little man!!!

holly said...

night and day my children. one is harvard bound, the other will eventually learn to talk. probably. on *his* terms.

happy birthday to the cutie!

Elizabeth F. said...

How old is your Xander? Mine will be 5 in a few weeks. We have the same issue in my house. My kids are so different! :-)

Bubblewench said...

Happy birthday little dude! Hope you have fun with your new game!

sybil law said...

Aww, it looks like a great time!
Happy Birthday!!!

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my Lori....that can NOT be our little Xander????? oh sigh of all sighs.....wow. What a big boy he is.

Happy birthday!~