Friday, November 16, 2007

Let the Countdown Begin

No, not the countdown for Christmas. The OTHER countdown. The BIG one.

Seven days until Black Friday!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I really am a fanatic. I think it's because I'm such a bargain shopper. I am obsessed with saving money. Most of my purchases are very well thought out and researched. I'm the queen of cheap travel (but nice travel), grocery coupons and the clearance racks. I LOVE to get a good buy. I rarely buy anything full price, from food to clothes to toys.

That's why Black Friday is my favorite day. I can get TONS of good deals all in one day. Enough deals to last me through all of the birthdays for the whole year! I have a closet stocked full of things that I buy on BF for every birthday party we might be invited to for a whole year.

I love the thrill of it too. And the crowds. I love the crowds. It marks the beginning of the holiday season for me. The beginning of the holiday season, starts at 3:00 a.m. on November 23rd this year!

I have a whole strategy. I read the ads for weeks ahead of time, plan what I'm buying, plan the whole day- Kohls, Circuit City, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, Sears and Target. My friend and I take turns waiting in the hellish checkout lines while the other goes and stacks their arms as high as possible. Carts are not an option.

This year, my friend is going out of town for Thanksgiving, so I'm on my own. I might have found someone else to go with me, but it's not the same. We have a tradition! We've done it for years now. When I was about to pop with Xander (and subsequently almost passed out in Toys R Us), the next year when I was pregnant with Jocelyn (luckily I did better that time) and the year after.

So, be thinking of me when you're still wrapped up in your warm blankets. I'll be camped out with my coffee, chatting up strangers in the line! I'll have to take a picture of my loot and post it next week. After my nap!

7 comments:

CamiKaos said...

Crazy.

I hate crowds SOOOO much.

But last year Mike did this: http://www.camikaos.com/2006/12/6am-on-sunday.html

and I thought he was TOTALLY crazy.

You rock, have soo much fun on Friday.

Boricua in Texas said...

I don't know what I am going to do that day, but I have gift cards for Best Buy and Macy's that I would love to use for some Christmas shopping.

mielikki said...

Oh my, Lori. You are a brave soul. I stay home on Black Friday. I can't stand the crowds of it, either.
Have fun, though, I'll look forward to the pictures!

Providence Handmade said...

You are looney! Although I'm doing it this year too as much as I don't want to. :)

Corey~living and loving said...

I'm a girl who love love loves a bargin...but I really don't like crowds or noise...or chaos...so Black friday isn't for me.
I admire those who can do it.
Instead, I shop clearance all year for gifts. :)

suchsimplepleasures said...

you know what's really pathetic...i never...EVER...knew that the day after thanksgiving was called black friday. and, i've never ever participated. i hate standing in lines and fighting crowds. i get road rage! or, aisle rage...anyway, don't like being in a store with a ton of people...it annoys me.
so, have fun shopping, next friday. i'll be doing it from the internet and i'll be praying that it arrives at my door in time! ; )

motherbumper said...

Bummer that your friend won't be here for the shopping EXTRAVAGANZA! Holy heck - I've heard of Black Friday and would love to check it out. We have boxing day sales up here right after Christmas for bargins.

Have fun, wear comfy shoes plus depends, and I'm sure you will find many treasures and bargins.