Monday, November 5, 2007

Mush

I swear my mind is mush. I really thought I might jump on the whole post a day thing this month. Boy, am I glad I didn't commit. Some days I have tons of good ideas to blog about. And I write them down. Then the day comes and I'm not "feeling" it anymore. Sometimes I rethink it and decide it's really stupid. Or not a "current" topic.

And I hate to type up posts ahead of time and then post them on another day. Feels like cheating or something.

I don't know why I pressure myself like that! I have tons of random thoughts. Why don't I just write them down. They don't need to flow or make sense, right?

So, here are my random thoughts for the day:

-I have on pantyhose today. While I love the whole "suck it in" effect, I am allergic to elastic. So, by the end of the day I'll have a big red welt on my belly. Very sexy!
- I made a peanut butter cheesecake for work today. And ate it for breakfast.
-I have got to start working out again. Although, I've been off the Body for Life thing for 2 months and haven't gained a pound! Yay me!
-I NEED to get the kids Christmas pictures taken. But, it's EXHAUSTING. Maybe this year we'll do individual photos and a collage card.
-I need to get Cami's address to send some pirate stuff to K. Robert had a pirate birthday, complete with crafts and I wanted to send her some of the extras.
-I'm bummed because my friend that does Black Friday with me will be out of town. Anyone else want to get to Circuit City at 3:00am? Anyone?
-I really need to stop spending money. But, I have issues!
-I was SO excited that Amazing Race was on last night. Little Robert (I hate saying little and big but that's the only way people tell them apart), Carissa and I all climbed into my bed to watch it. We just love that show.
-I really need to upload some pictures. Why do I always put that off?
-I really need to start working on my mom's Christmas scrapbook.
- And I really need to write thank you notes to my cousin and my grandma. I'm really bad about that too.

Well, that reads more like a to do list. I guess that's why my brain is muddled. I have too much to do.

Here's the winning recipe from last week. The others were ok, but not great. This one was a favorite of everyone.

Spicy Chicken Enchiladas Verde

32oz salsa verde
4 cups shredded cooked chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken so it's easier)
1/2 c chopped cilantro
2 1/2 c shredded mont jack cheese
6 in tortillas (we prefer flour, but you can use corn)

Heat oven to 400. Mix chicken 1 1/2 c cheese, 1 c salsa and 1/4 c cilantro in bowl. Pour 1 cup of salsa in bottom of 13x9 dish. Take a tortilla and fill with chicken mixture, roll up and place seam down in dish. Repeat for all of chicken mixture. Pour remaining salsa on top, sprinkle with remaining cheese. cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Top with remaining cilantro.

6 comments:

mielikki said...

My brain would be mush after all that, too.
I'm rooting for the goth kids. They're funny.

CamiKaos said...

It is so painful but the christmas stuff has to start now... it is happening here... I am getting ready to shoot K's Christmas portrait too, easier for me though since I only have the one and I do the portraits myself but still.. DREAD.

K would LOVE more pirate stuff. Have I ever posted the picture of her as a pirate for Halloween when she was 2? Priceless.

Laura said...

That enchilada recipe sounds great! I'll definitely be trying it.

And mmmm...peanut butter cheesecake!

Corey~living and loving said...

I've got mush here as well sigh....
oh and christmas photos....already...eekkkk...I don't have a clue what to do this year. sigh.....

sybil law said...

Christmas! Crap! UGH. I don't even want to go there...
But that recipe looks good and sounds yummy so I will be trying it! Thanks!

Bubblewench said...

I'd totally do the 3am circuit city with you if I could. All I need is one Wii game though. No big shopping for me this year!